Hello, I’m Elaine and this is my first shot at a monthly challenge!
I used the top from a vintage 60s Simplicity suit pattern, and modified it a bit by cropping it, pulling down the neckline a little, using a zip instead of buttons, and adding a whole load of sequins at the top. The satin is a remnant from a cape I made a good friend for her wedding earlier this year (as I’m trying to get through a bit of my stash at the moment). I think it’s still got quite a nice vintage feel to it.
I have noticed since uploading that it might have been good to iron this again before taking pics… lessons learned, huh.
If you like you can read a little more about it on my blog, What Diana Did Next. Til next month!