Since I didn’t find The Monthly Stitch until already into September I was kinda bummed to realize I had missed out on cape month-it had been on my to sew list for awhile. So when I saw September was vintage month I decided I would just sew a vintage cape 🙂
I used Simplicity 5359 which is a cape and a sheath dress from year 1964. I had high hopes to make the dress as well, but that just didn’t happen…possibly if I have time for two dresses for Frocktober this pattern will be pulled out 😉
The cape I made with a blue upholstery fabric that I fell in love with at the store-not sure of the content because it was a remnant. The lining is a cotton I already had in my stash. The blue fabric I think is a bit bulky for this cape- unfortunately it just does not hang right on me.
This was probably my most challenging sew as of yet-it was my first vintage pattern, my first item with a lining, and my first collar. The collar is a bit wonky, but I’ll still wear it.
I finished it just in time to post, but alas- not in time to take great pictures. Will get on my dress tomorrow so that way I have time for a proper photo session.