So, after trying to toss up how to “celebrate” Frocktober, I decided to copy A Vintage Belle’s idea of sewing up one new dress per week. One dress for the whole month wasn’t ambitious enough for me, and a couple of patterns caught my eye.
The first dress for the first week, is a Sewaholic Cambie.
This is the second time I’ve made this dress, and I had the shell completely done (including zip and hem!!) at the start of the year – it’s just taken this long to get around to buying and sewing up the lining.
I do have plans for another version too, in a linen with a tiny houndstooth pattern.
For more photos and details, please see my blog 🙂 – 10 followers today, hooray!!
My plans for the rest of the month include
- Another Anna, this time in black polka-dot sateen
- Butterick 5747, having been completely inspired by A Vintage Belle and Lilac’s and Lace (I’m such a copy cat) – just waiting to pinch a fellow WSBG’s pattern. I may make this in green sateen from my stash with a white-with-black-polka-dots collar.
- I’m going to TRY and build the motivation to cut and sew a Colette Ceylon, though I don’t have any fabric in mind. This may get replaced by another dress if I get lazy later in the month – I know I’m going to need to make a muslin and I’m not sure if the style will actually suit me. I would also like to make the Colette Crepe, as I have plans for a blue silk version to wear to a wedding in February (copying THIS one)