I decided to take advantage of Frocktober to get a few things out of my UFO pile and into my wardrobe. I was a bit distracted at the beginning of the month, as I had a coat to finish and was approaching that with the kind of single minded determination I can only describe as… unusual for me.
Anyway, I have now managed to get into my UFO pile and first up is this parrot-covered Elisalex. I had wanted to make a bird-print Elisalex for the longest time and I finally had all of my raw materials in place and was ready to go. So I set to making the long-anticipated dress, completed everything but zip and hem and then decided to make a Robson instead. So it has only been unfinished for a few weeks. But it is definitely a frock.
I didn’t make many changes to the pattern. I lopped a few inches off the bottom and off the sleeves (By Hand London patterns seem to be on the loooong side!) and I put in a 22″ invisible zip instead of the top to bottom exposed zip recommended in the instructions. I frenched the seams, so to speak and hand finished the hem.
I am hoping I will get a couple more UFOs finished before the month is out. I’ve decided I quite like returning to the scene, as all of that boring tracing and cutting business has already been done!
For more pictures and some vaguely sewing related ramblings please pop on over to Is It Fitting. I’d love to see you there.