Two frocks

I’ll keep this brief. Have a look at my blog for all the juicy details (actually there really aren’t any but don’t let that stop you visiting my blog).

First I made the cream, pink and brown dress out of a silk rayon fabric I bought at the fabric warehouse sale for $5 per meter. It’s from a Burdastyle pattern. It’s going to be a very useful dress for work. There were some issues with excessive sleeve hugeness at first but you can read all about that on my blog

Next up I auditioned McCall’s M6696 in a seersucker cotton from my stash. When I spotted this pattern I thought it would be a dress I’ll probably make many times. With a straight skirt variation and either short or long sleeves there are a lot of possibilities and it think it’ll make a great wardrobe builder with just a couple of minor fitting adjustments

I’m so inspired by all the beautiful Froctober dresses everyone is making, so many patterns have been added to my wish list. I think I’ve got at least one more dress in me before the month is over… Hopefully I’ll get it made this long weekend – who needs sleep when you could be sewing!

18 thoughts on “Two frocks

  1. I love both of these – I like the changes you made to the sleeves of the burdastyle dress (I had previously passed that pattern by, but yours looks so much better than the one in the magazine!) and the striped seersucker is just fab and such a timeless style!

    Like

    • Thanks so much. I love the seersucker too, it’s been in my stash for so long I can’t even remember where I got it but if I’d known how nice it would be made up I’d have done it sooner.

      Like

Comments are closed.