Thank you TMS for making me finally get around to making this skirt!
The pattern is Gertie’s high waisted skirt, in a cotton sateen left over from another project. I largely followed all of her instructions on construction, ommitting the boning (as a previous boned skirt ended up gaping a fair amount and I ended up giving it away). I added a vent to the back and had to take about 1.5cm off each side seam.
Not much more to say; this skirt is so perfect for me and my style, fits well and is comfortable. I made it ~2-3 weeks ago and have worn it regularly since (it is pretty recognisable so can’t wear it aaallll the time). I have actually just finished another skirt of the same pattern but, erm, may have made it too small in the waist…. so we shall see if I can keep it.As always, for more details and photos, pop over to my blog at www.tworandomwords.wordpress.com