Write a post on your own blog showing us your options and you can use a polling system like polldaddy (WordPress) or pollcode (Blogger) to help us vote – then share the link to your post on our Facebook page and in the comments of the Miss Bossy Patterns post.
If you don’t have your own blog then please jump on our Facebook page and ask us there, you can use the “Ask Question” option. After you post your poll you can then put pictures or links to each pattern in the comments under the poll so we can see your options.
If you head over to the Facebook page now there are several links up already, even if you aren’t sewing with us this month please take the time to boss us all around, and pop back regularly to vote on new polls as they pop up 🙂
Let’s get bossy!
Right, April challenge time! During April we will be Sewing Double (Seeing Double)!
Don’t freak out, there are lots of ways to make this challenge your own:
We’ve all done it, sewn a magnificent item that we love and we say, “ohh, I should make a second one of those!” but then a new pattern or pretty fabric distracts us and we forget.
During April it’s time to revisit that favourite pattern and finally make a second one! Perhaps your first version was for wearing to work and this time you’d like a more sporty or casual version.
Maybe you want to make one of the other options from the envelope.
Or was your first version just perfect? Then make another exactly the same in that gorgeous fabric you just found.
Do you have a pattern in your stash that you can envision two ways, one version is formal, the other casual or sporty. Have you picked out two fabrics but can’t decide which one to use? Make both!
Lastly, some of you will have made a favourite item and you loved it so much that you’ve worn it out, now it needs replacing. Time to recreate it and feel the love again!
However you chose to interpret April’s challenge we want to see BOTH garments in your post, so we can sew/see double.
How else could we interpret his challenge? Share your ideas with us below and start thinking about how you’ll sew double in April.
Other exciting things:
- March’s challenge is Miss Bossy Patterns! Are you joining us?
- Did you know you can copy your Blogger or WordPress post straight over to The Monthly Stitch? Check out our FAQ page for details.
- Don’t forget to look over our tutorials for help inserting images to your posts and setting your feature image, say no to the sad grey squares!
- Got some WIP or ideas to share? Jump onto The Monthly Stitch Facebook group page and tell us all about it.
- We all love comments! Don’t forget to look back over the recent posts and leave an encouraging comment or start a conversation.