Remember the Miss Bossy challenge? Well here we are, the winner from my poll finally finished and photographed.
This is Gather Kits The Mortmain, which won my poll with 10 votes more than either of the two patterns. The dress was cut out and started during March, but I waited sometime to get hold of one important item…
There are few of these dresses around and made up. It’s not very often I make something without lots of reviews to find stumbling blocks, but this was one of those patterns I had to make. I chose the sleeved version. I muslined the bodice and ended up shifting the darts and also lengthening said bodice by half an inch.
The armscye on the back of the bodice seems to be cut in quite a bit, I’m pretty certain I cut the pattern correctly, so this may be where the pattern needs a bit of adjustment. It doesn’t feel odd unless I start to think about it though, so don’t let it put you off! The sleeves are finished with a button and corded elastic.
What I really like about this pattern is the waistband which adds definition to the waist and the dress. To finish this on the inside I stitched another waistband. This isn’t in the pattern, but I think it adds a nice touch.
I also added pockets – a girl needs pockets… And la piece de la resistance… An exposed zippper (this was what took the time to arrive).
With my couple of gripes about the sleeves, this is still a great pattern. I recommend it. If you’d like to read more about the pattern, check out the full post on my blog.