This knit top was made with Simplicity 2892, “6 easy tops”. I made it with scraps! I had enough green print (polyester spandex) left over for the body of the top and enough black poly spandex left to make the yoke!
I used the polyester spandex, although the pattern was “not suitable for knits”! (Ehem! Not the first time I have broken sewing rules!) Since I was using a knit, I didn’t want it to stretch out of shape in the neckline over time so I did a double row of sewing on the yoke seam and then I sewed some seam binding on it too. That should hold it!
and like this….
I love this simple pattern. This is the third time I have sewn it up, the last two times it was with two wovens, so this is the first time with a knit. Even with that switch in fabrics and all the reinforcing it was still an easy pattern to use. N0t much to it. Front, Back and collar pieces! Haha… And yet I still almost messed it up! If you would like more details, check it out on my blog!
Sorry, but I have to go now, I have another Monthly Stitch post to write this week!