In May, we shunned the wovens and come July we’ll be asking you to shun colour.
We’ll be sewing only in monochrome…that’s right, it’s time for MonoSewn!
It was all fairly even early on and then Monochromatic and ‘Inspired By’ started edging away, trading places every few hours, it was actually really exciting in a nerdy kind of way!
We briefly considered inviting Miss Bossy back around to see what she might have to say about the situation but then we realised that might be a bit mean with all the hard work we know you are putting in for Indie Pattern Month.
She’ll be back though, when you least expect her…
But, if you are one of the 38% who voted for ‘Inspired By’, we’d still love you to find a way to sneak some inspiration into your black and white garment.
And even if you didn’t, you might like to take up the double challenge anyway.
Perhaps you are inspired by a black and white vintage photograph, or have you been dying for an excuse to unleash your menswear inspiration and make that crisp white shirt with tuxedo stripe pant? You might be inspired by a pattern, something from nature or the latest catwalk trend.
What’s popped into your head? Share your ideas with us in the comments.
Are you planning to enter any of Indie Pattern Month contests? We have 10 gorgeous dresses entered into the first week so far!
Happy Indie sewing!
Other exciting things (like pattern discounts and competitions!):
- Have you entered to win your copy of The Mortmain from Gather yet? Get on over here, you have until 09 June!
- 15% off at Diane Ericson Design with code MSJUN14 until 15 June
- 15% off at Dresses & Me with code IPM2014 until the end of June
- 15% off any pattern orders at Kitschy Coo with checkout INDIE until 30 June
- 15% discount at Lekala all through June with code is TMSINDIEC
- We’d love you to jump on over to the The Monthly Stitch Facebook group page and chat about Monosewn, Indie Pattern Month and anything else TMS. We’re working hard to inspire you everyday and it’s where we post lot’s of great info that’s not worthy of a full blog post
PS: It was really hard to resist using a zebra in the challenge button…bonus points if some sews with some zebra print! 😉