Sew Stretchy – GBSB T Shirt & a re-fashion

There’s lots of awards and competitons going around at the moment, and if there was one for the lazy blogger of the last 4 weeks I’d be in contention.  But I feel I’m back into it, and only a little late for my post for May’s challenge at The Monthly Stitch (TMS) …….SEW STRETCHY.

For May’s challenge at The Monthly Stitch I’ve made a top and also refashioned one of my favourite T Shirts.

Whilst flicking through the Great British Sewing Bee’s book from the 2nd series I decided to make the simple T Shirt. It calls for a floaty fabric, not a ponte knit as I chose!  The books great – it has several patterns which can be traced off. Much no better than the first series book which only had 1 full sized pattern.   

The Great British Sewing a Bee Series 2


I only had 60cm of the pinstriped ponte knit. There was no way this was going to fit without a little pattern hacking! 

I guesstimated where a raglan sleeve seam would need to be and cut, then attached the parts I’d cut off to make the sleeve. I didn’t add any extra for seam allowance due to using a jersey into of a woven fabric. 

Nip over to my blog for more photos and a few more words……including how I refashioned an old favourite T Shirt.