Okay…winter is definitely coming to Wellington and I am about to show off my new short sleeve blouse… a Pendrell top. It is the first time I have sewed a Sewaholic pattern and I got got it from Dresses and Me a few months ago.
I used a quilting cotton from the sale table at Spotlight and the only intentional adjustment I made was to take 8cm off the length as this is a very long top. I did make one other small change… I added a keyhole feature to the neckline which is held shut with an awesome brooch from Smash Palace who use old plates to make their jewelry.
I created this feature as I had an overlocking incident when finishing my inside seams and I accidentally cut a wedge out of the front neckline. I just curved out the missing chunk and bound the edge before binding the rest of the neck.
I will definitely be making another one of these – hopefully without any extra alterations.