My first Briar

I made my first Briar shirt.

It doesn’t look exactly like the ones shown on Megan Nielsen’s website. We were not allowed ever made a muslin before in this challenge. Due to time when cutting the pattern I left much fabric on the pattern pieces. After putting the pieces together in the original size the shoulders were to short and I found the front too short en the back too low.

Fortunately I cut enough fabric. I made the shoulders broader, the front longer and the back shorter.

Although my first Briar shirt was made for trying the pattern I’m very pleased with the result and like the garment a lot. I used fabric that was left from another shirt I made a couple of weeks ago. It is a 4-way stretch. Original the stripes were horizontal but for the Briar I used them vertical. It was a bit of a gamble because I’m very thin.

I already have fabric bought for a second version. I will probably change the length of the back piece. I love the high-low concept of the hem, but found the original high-low a bit too much for me.

One thought on “My first Briar

Comments are closed.