Every October The Monthly Stitch celebrates Frocktober.
If you haven’t heard about Frocktober before, it’s a whole month of dresses. It’s celebrated in lots of different ways, most commonly by wearing dresses all month. Those Who Sew however can take it to the next level. We sew dresses, lots and lots of dresses and this month will be no different: Sew and share your Frocktober dresses with us here on The Monthly Stitch and categorise your post Frocktober 2014.
Check our last years Frocktober posts here.
We’ll also be sharing some great dresses inspiration each day over on our Facebook group page so please come join us.
Want to take it to the next level?
As well as challenging you to sew some pretty dresses during October we’ve also been scheming with some amazing pattern designers and selected four special dress patterns. These dresses will add an additional challenge each week for those of you who like that sort of thing 😉
We’ll be all about dresses for the whole month of October but each week we will also focus on one of these dresses.
We’ve done our best to cover a range of styles and skill level so that there’s something for everyone. The designers are also offering us a special discount just for Frocktober. These code/prices are valid right now so you can snap up all the pretties and get sewing 🙂
We chose these designers based on your great feedback from Indie Pattern Month. You told us who you’d love to see featured on TMS and many of you also thought that a “same pattern” challenge would be really fun.
Did I mention there are prizes? 😉
How do I enter?
Each week in October will focus on one of the dress patterns above. We’ll share some of our favourite versions from around the blog-o-sphere and invite you to “sew with us” as we make our own versions of that dress.
During that week you can also post your versions for us to see. At the end of each week all the blog posts will get a round up and the designer of that pattern will chose their favourite to win a prize.
Already got a dress pattern or two you’re wanting to stitch up? That’s ok – Frocktober is all about celebrating dresses – ALL THE DRESSES! You can still sew up any dress pattern you like and share it on The Monthly Stitch.
Alright, let’s talk loot! The winner of each week will receive a prize from that designer
Sewaholic Lonsdale Prize: Any two Sewaholic pdf patterns of the winners choice.
Named Dakota Prize: Any two Named pdf patterns of the winners choice.
Kate & Rose Giselle Prize: Any two Kate & Rose pdf patterns of the winners choice.
Deer & Doe Reglisse prize: Any Deer & Doe paper pattern of the winners choice.
Like any contest, there are some rules and guidelines that you need to follow to be eligible to enter. We’ve tried to keep them simple, but if you have any questions, please ask in the comments or fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you as quick as possible!
- You can sew and post any dress you like for Frocktober but only the four dresses (Lonsdale, Dakota, Giselle and Reglisse) are eligible for the competition.
- Your Frocktober competition entry must be sewn specifically for Frocktober 2014. You can begin planning and sewing your dresses from now but you cannot enter anything sewn prior to 1 September or blogged about prior to the contest start date.
- Your blog post must be published on The Monthly Stitch during the week for the dress contest you are entering, check the dates and times below carefully.
Contest runs from 4 October 2014 (00:00 UTC) until 11 October 2014 (24:00 UTC)
Contest runs from 11 October 2014 (00:00 UTC) until 18 October 2014 (24:00 UTC)
Kate & Rose Giselle
Contest runs from 18 October 2014 (00:00 UTC) until 25 October 2014 (24:00 UTC)
Deer and Doe Reglisse
Contest runs 25 October 2014 (00:00 UTC) until 1 November (24:00 UTC)
- Categorise your post “Frocktober 2014” AND the dress competition category, e.g. “Frocktober- Lonsdale”.
- Your blog entry must also meet The Monthly Stitch post guidelines and as a minimum include the following information:
- Post title
- A feature image (see tutorial here)
- 3 additional photos (inserted using the URL code)
- Information about how you found the instructions, any pattern alterations/design changes you made and what ( if any) you’d make next time.
- You may blog about your dress on your own blog (if you have one) and we encourage you to add a link back but you must include the above information on your Monthly Stitch blog post
- You can find our TMS tutorials here.
- You may enter as many times as you like but each entry must meet all of these rules above.
- The winner will be chosen by the pattern designer for that weeks competition and the decision is final.
- Posts that do not meet these rules will not be eligible. Your post will be placed in the ‘drafts’ folder and you will receive an email to let you know. You may edit your post and republish it within the competition time frames to re-enter the competition.
Remember, you can sew any and as many dresses as you want and share them with us during Frocktober, the four special dresses are just an extra challenge for those who want it.
Got any questions, or want to sign up?
Want to enter the contests or just sew some pretty dresses for Frocktober and share them with us? If you’re not already signed up to post on The Monthly Stitch, it’s super easy to do – just fill out the short form below and we’ll set you up with a login so you can post your creation.
Got any questions about the contests? Let us know either in the comments or using the form below, and we’ll get back to you as fast as we can. 🙂