Mono sewn for Amnesty month

Since it’s amnesty month I decided to make another mono sew as this jacket was on my winter sewing list.  Luckily our spring is cold so far so I have had plenty of opportunity to wear my new blazer.

This is the Bellatrix blazer by Papercut patterns.  I had previously made a muslin and started the real version, taking my time trying to get the best finish I could.  Normally I make the medium size but realised as I started sewing I had cut the small.  Thankfully it fits perfectly with just the sleeves being a tiny bit short.  I made the blazer exactly as per the pattern and it was a surprisingly easy make, even the welt pockets went together easily which I think is credit to the great instructions.  The outer fabric is a cotton polyester mix with an embossed pattern and the lining is silk. The cost was about $97.00 which I think is pretty good for a tailored blazer.

I also made the dress I am wearing under the blouse, you can see my blog post over here.

9 thoughts on “Mono sewn for Amnesty month

    • Thank you, I am so pleased I finally made this up for me!! Between you and me I wouldn’t have fitted if I had to overlap the fronts and do it up with a button!

      Like

Comments are closed.