Outer wear “The Vest”

EKK! I have been done November’s Challenge for a while but haven’t had a chance to blog about it. Thought I would sneak it on here since I am not to late 🙂

Ok I took a vest pattern I had lying around and tissue fitted it on my mannequin. I also changed the design from a princess seam to one flat panel.

DSC_3315DSC_3317 DSC_3316 DSC_3321

I made a muslin and tweaked some alterations. Turns out I need a sway back adjustment and that took care of the horizontal wrinkles I was having.

DSC_3322

I lined my faux fur with some satin fabric and sewed it all the way around leaving two areas open for turning. I pressed it carefully low setting, no steam  with a pressing cloth and hand stitched the openings shut.

DSC_3326 DSC_3327

DSC_3320

I also made one for my daughter Abby so we can be twinky twins.

DSC_3396 DSC_3397

DSC_3383DSC_3384

8 thoughts on “Outer wear “The Vest”

Comments are closed.