Many thanks to the folk here at Monthly Stitch for again coming up with a wonderful challenge that has stretched me beyond my boundaries and increased my sewabilities! When I saw that this months challenge was demin I thought “Yep that’s it I can make those Jalie jeans I have been dying to make since I bought the pattern in July last year”. I even traced the pattern and bought the denim fabric with a little bit of stretch in it. But alas twas not to be. The realisation that I didn’t have the time led me to Hollyburn instead. I saw some denim Hollyburns and thought it was an easy enough make. The emphasis for me was on finishing it to a high standard.
Needless to say it was a fun make. I made a muslin in polycotton (not the best approximation for a stretch denim but hey….a polycotton muslin is better than none).
The construction was very straightforward. Tasia’s instructions are very detailed and good allowing me to have a the neatest interior finish to date 😉
Alterations I had to make were just with the pockets so that the inner pocket had a ditsy print fabric. Achieved this by cutting along the fold line then adding seam allowance.
Struggled a bit with easing the skirt itself onto the waistband but go there in the end.
I really like this skirt and can see that I will be wearing it a lot!