The only fit issue I had the first time round, was it was a little loose around my waist and hips. I remedied this by grading the seam allowance for 1cm to 1.5cm for the bottom 15cm of each seam and now it fits beautifully. I had ironed this really, it just I’d been wearing it all day at work, hence the wrinkles.
The fabric I used was a man’s shirt I bought from a charity shop and some white cotton from my stash. It was a bright sunny evening when we took these photos and the colour has washed out somewhat, the stripe is actually very close to my skirt colour. I decided not to include the back contrast chevon as I thought it might look a little busy, but did include the chevron trim on the pockets.
I utilised the original buttons and buttonholes from the men’s shirt, which has lead to me being confused no end as the shirt buttons the wrong way. When I do this again I will try and remember to cut the front upside down (provided it’s not a directional print), to get the buttons to do up the Ladies way.
Making this for a second time, did make the process a whole lot faster. The only fiddly bit was of my own making, as I had to bind the collar with a bias strip as I wasn’t utilising the facings.
I already have plans to make this blouse again with some not so subtle red gingham for Check it Out Month.
It’s been really fun to participate in IMP2015, now I just have to keep up with the posting.