I’m not much for plaids and the likes and I thought I would have to sit this challenge out. Then I remembered that I had some leftover fabric from my maxi Anna (as seen in Indie Month), I had bought some extra fabric to get a blouse from it, so I present my gingham Alma.
For long I have wanted a buttoned blouse, but couldn’t find a pattern to match my needs. Enter Sewaholic’s Alma, which I’ve sewn four times before, a lovely pattern. Due to the double darts it’s quite easy to fit a larger chest. This time I changed the pattern to make it a buttoned blouse. I added width (2 cm) in the CF and adjusted the facings accordingly. For upcoming versions I think I will add a bit more in the CF and use more buttons than the five I used now, it’s a little prone to gaping.
Still, I love my new blouse and I’m proud for successfully altering a pattern, something I’ve attempted before but never really done well. So yay! There will be more Almas in my future.
For more information on how I altered the pattern, you can visit my blog.