I made this shirt from trousers I retrieved from a bin! I used a vintage Simplicity pattern 5022. There wasn’t enough fabric for a collar. I cut it in 4 pieces instead of 3 and I folded over the fabric instead of cutting interfacing (I was able to do this as there is a lot of stretch in the fabric and it is generously sized).
So comfortable I wore it on a bike ride. I posted the pic of me wearing the handmade shirt on facebook and someone wrote underneath I have got fat saying I need to do exercise. um, I’ve never driven a car I cycle everywhere! I have made an effort to get photos this year of my sewing actually fitted, I even donated my mannequin! I’ve passed the stage of photographing clothes on the mannequin, but not at the stage of ‘not caring’ what people think, unfortunately. I still blog without photos of me at all for this reason.
Anyway I wouldn’t have sewn sleeves even if I’d had enough fabric as it was just perfect as a sleeveless! Maybe I ”need” to start lifting weights again but he needs to learn some manners..! And yes, I did hit the unfriend button!
I think this fine gingham is easy to wear as it’s very subtle and all seasons suitable. The seersucker fabric is lovely in summer! This was also a learning experience as I hadn’t needed to sew buttonholes with interfacing both sides before!