70s flower power

DSCN6026Like a lot of people I loved the floral theme for this month.  I was less than impressed when Miss Bossy got her hands on the theme and insisted that I use a non-floral fabric in my make too!  However, I needed some bias binding for my floral make and found a perfectly matching plain cotton in my stash so this was my concession to the mix of solids and florals.

I used a 1970s pattern to make this dress for a recent sunny holiday.  The main fabric is a floral viscose that I had in my stash and there’s definitely no missing the flowers!


I bound the arm holes and the hem with bias binding made from an orange cotton that I had in my stash.  It was a perfect match for the orange flowers, which I found pleasing.


More details and pictures can be found on my blog.

6 thoughts on “70s flower power

Join the conversation! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s