This fabric spoke to me from the shelf; the spots look like cute little paint splotches, and the jersey is oh so soft! The big challenge for me on this one, clearly, was going to be getting my first blog entry (ever!) written and pictures put in correctly. I wasn’t too worried about the sewing part.
The pattern is McCalls 7018, view D. The fabric is a knit jersey that I picked up at Colorado Fabrics some time ago. I put it together as written, adding a strip of fusible interfacing on the buttonhole band side. The cuffs are a separate tube of fabric, doubled and sewn to the end of the sleeve. I like that better than rolling up a cuff, I probably would have just made a 3/4 sleeve without the tab otherwise.
Other details include a collar band, side vents, the back hem is slightly longer than the front, and the first button sits down a ways. This is probably the top button I would button anyway, but I don’t know if I would have thought to just leave off the top ones all by myself. !!
I had pictured this with one of several white options to wear on the bottom, but the navy was a surprise winner. Favorite combination score!
This and my stripes piece were finished by the second week, so you can tell what I’ve been doing since then. . . and yes, I’ve still got all the hair I started out with. Onward, now to get the other piece written up!! Ciao!