I really wasn’t sure I was going to be able to play this month, but I’m just squeaking in. Which is good, because I have so much outer wear I want to make that it’s really hard to think if I will find the interest required for next month’s theme. I will enjoy seeing what everyone else made though!
So, here are my 3’s:
- Three separates: pants, skirt, top
- Three fabrics with a stripe in them – it’s hard to see in the pants but trust me, it’s there
- Three different pattern types: Big4 (but old), indie, and self drafted
- Three fabric origins: new, gifted (re-gifted), purchased second-hand
- Three types of fabric: wool, cotton stretch (pre-lycra ), lycra blend stretch
And here’s what I made:
- Guise Pants, Papercut Patterns
I really, really love these pants because, well, #pants and the cut, and the absolutely beautiful, forrest green, lightly felted, faintly striped wool from The Fabric Store that I have made them up in. Oh and, orange paisley pocket liners anyone?!
2. A self-drafted A-line maxi skirt
I bought this fabric about 8 years ago, gave it to my sister, she gave it back. It was a doddle to sew, and I am very happy with the fit of my self-drafted pattern.
3. Simplicity 8809 Top – View B
This is a very quick and simple make, but it marks the domination of a pattern I’ve made unsuccessfully three times before this. It’s made from second hand fabric and I’m very happy with the result.
Happy Birthday TMS! Thanks for having me.
You can see more on my blog: Spare Room Style