It’s week three of Indie Pattern Month 2017 🙂
This week’s competition is:
July 15th until July 21st
How does this all work?
Each contest runs over the course of one week during July. During that week, anyone who wants to enter can by writing a post about their entry on The Monthly Stitch and selecting the contest category for that week.
Your post must follow the General and Contest Specific Rules set out below.
At the end of the week for each contest, the judges (Kat and Mel) will choose 14 entries to go into the final. Finalists will be chosen based on four key factors:
- garment quality
- blog post quality, and
The 14 finalists will be posted on the Monthly Stitch three days after the contest closes. The final winners will be chosen through a community vote.
Voting will begin for each category once the finalists are announced. Voting is open for three days and you can vote for up to four entries per contest.
There are multiple prizes per contest (six or more!) so there are lots of chances to take away some fabulous indie prizes. These include patterns (of course), vouchers (for more patterns), fabric (to sew your patterns) and more!
Want to join in with Indie Pattern Month but not enter any of the contests? Indie Patterns are still the overall challenge theme for July so you can also just sew along with any indie pattern but not enter any of the above competitions. Categorise your post “Indie Pattern Month 2017”.
Submit any questions regarding the rules in the comments of this post or by emailing themonthlystitch[at]gmail.com
Ok let’s get serious!
- Any Indie pattern brand is eligible – Need an idea of what counts? Check out our own amazing resource page of Indie Pattern Designers. Do you want to use a pattern brand that isn’t listed but you think it counts? Use the contact form at the bottom of that page and we’ll check it out.
- Patterns may be pdf or envelope patterns and must be available for purchase and/or download by the general public. Free and OOP patterns by an Indie Designer are eligible.
- Indie designer patterns available through the large “Big 4” brands are not eligible, for example, Simplicity
- Magazine or book patterns are not permitted unless the specific pattern is also available for purchase as a separate pattern in it’s entirety (i.e. pattern + instructions).
- Unreleased patterns sewn for pattern testing are not eligible.
- You can enter each challenge as many times as you like as long as each entry follows these rules.
- Items must be sewn specifically for Indie Pattern Month 2017. No earlier makes to be submitted. Items must not have been blogged about, either on TMS or on another blog, prior to the week the contest they are being entered into is running.
- Each make can be entered into only one category.
- Exception: A previously entered item from one of the first three IPM 2017 contests may be re-entered into Contest Four. A minimum of one other garment must be made to complete the entry. This additional item must be made specifically for IMP2017 (no earlier makes to be submitted).
- Each entry post must go up on the TMS blog during the week for that category and must be correctly categorised and follow ALL the posting rules. You might find is useful to read Kat’s post about Creating a Great Monthly Stitch Post.
- Posts that do not meet these rules will not be eligible. Your post will be placed in the ‘drafts’ folder and you will receive an email. You may edit and repost within the competition time frames to re-enter the competition.
- The judges (TMS Editors Mel & Kat) will choose 14 finalists for each contest. The finalists will be chosen based on the following:
- garment quality
- blog post quality, and
- The finalists for each category will be posted on The Monthly Stitch three days after the contest closes.
- Winners will be chosen from the finalists through community vote. Voting will begin for each category when the finalists are announced. Each person can vote for up to four entries with their vote. Voting is open for three days.
- Want to join in with Indie Pattern Month but not enter any of the contests? You can also just sew along with any indie pattern but not enter any of the above competitions. Categorise you post “Indie Pattern Month 2017”
- Submit any questions regarding the rules in the comments of this post or to themonthlystitch[at]gmail.com
Hack It! Contest Specific Rules:
- Competition runs from July 15th (00:00 UTC) until July 21st (24:00 UTC)
- Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Modify a single pattern to create a new style
- Combine two or more patterns into one garment
Prize 1 –
- $30.00 store voucher from Designer Stitch
- 1 x pdf pattern of the winners choice from By Hand London
- By Hand London Sewing Planner PDF
Prize 2 – 3 x pdf patterns from Teach Me Fashion
Prize 3 –
- 2 x pdf patterns of the winners choice from Jamie Christina
- 1 x pdf pattern of the winners choice from How To Do Fashion
Prize 4 – £100 Fabric Hamper from Minerva Crafts
Prize 5 –
- 1 x pdf pattern of the winners choice from Scroop Patterns
- 2 x pdf patterns of the winners choice from Seamstress Erin
Prize 6 – 3 x pdf patterns of the winners choice from Papercut Patterns
Prize 7 –
- 1 x paper pattern of the winners choice from Blueprints For Sewing
- 1 x Tailor Tacks Maker, 1 x Seam Allowance Guide from Tools by Hollie
- 1 x pdf pattern of the winners choice from Muse Patterns
Prize 8 – 3 x pdf patterns of the winners choice from Named Clothing
Hack It! Sponsors:
These fabulous sponsors have donated prizes for the Dresses contest:
Keeping Up to Date:
Don’t forget you can keep track of all things Indie Pattern Month on our dedicated page here.