Hello Monthly Stitchers! I’ve been a lurker for about two years now- and, of course, have love love loved all the posts that everyone puts up. So inspiring- all the time:)
Soo, I originally had planned to make the Colette Moneta as a maxi and to have that be an entry for IPM dresses week, but after I misjudged my fabric amount, or, didn’t want to lay out my fabric pieces because I’m lazy so I just cut into it- you know, either one–I literally said to myself, “hmm, I’m seriously going to have to hack this to get this to be a maxi”. And since I’m stubborn and wanted a maxi, I was making a dang maxi. Soo, it became a hack!
Matching stripes! I did it! Very proud here.
I also think I hacked the collar as well because, well, I couldn’t find any included instructions for a no collar, no sleeve version– even in the extra collar pack. Maybe it’s online somewhere? I think it should be–I love the sleeveless top version because the whole thing is lined- which made it much sturdier to hold the weight of the longer maxi. Instead of adding the collar, I just continued sewing the top – which was a little trickier and twisty up at the top of the shoulders- a lot of fabric-twist-sewing as I call it. or jamming. Get. Under. The. Needle. And. Get. Sewn.
And for the bottom- I just added about 18″ to the “lengthen or shorten here” part, and then proudly put my maxi pattern onto my fabric and realized-not enough fabric lazy pants. That’s what the measure twice, cut once motto is! Ha! I don’t need mottos- I’ll cut the bottom 6″ or so off the pattern and squeeze it out of the extra remnants. It’s not quite the J.Crew look I was going for, but, my boyfriend says- it’s unique:) Anyways, I’m actually happy with it. Love a good maxi! Happy Sewing!
This is my ballet pose. And a hat makes all things stylish:)