Hi Monthly Stitchers! It’s almost 2018 and for some of you that means it’s time to start setting some New Year’s Resolutions.
According to the internet (which we know is never wrong…) only 8% of people actually manage to keep their New Year’s Resolutions 😮
But don’t you worry because The Monthly Stitch is here to help!
In January we’re challenging you to use your fabulous sewing skills to stay on track, yay!
Need some ideas? You’ve come to the right place – Here at TMS Headquarters Nikki and I have been hard at work analysing the most common New Year’s Resolutions and scheming some sewing suggestions to help you achieve them.
- Healthier lifestyle – Make yourself some fabulous new active wear and a funky gym bag to keep it in.
- Learn a new skill/hobby – There’s always a new sewing skill to learn or try: Quilting, smocking, zippers, make a garment you’ve never made before (pants, a coat, a bra!)…or teach someone else to sew.
- Give more to charity – Ask your local charity what items they need and sew some love for them: Warm baby or children’s clothes, cloth nappies, soft toys, blankets.
- Be more environmentally aware – Make some cloth grocery or produce bags. Sew with ethically sourced fabrics. Repair and reinvent old clothes instead of throwing them away.
- Spend less time on Facebook/watching TV – That’s easy, just sew more! Then come and tell us what you’re sewing on our Facebook page 😉
What New Year’s Resolutions are you planning to make? How will you be sewing your way to success this January?