And here we are… WEEK FOUR; the final week of Indie Pattern Month 2018! Even if we don’t always call it by the same name, the One Pattern, Two Ways theme has been a popular theme over the years and it’s easy to see why – it’s so much fun to see how one person can interpret a pattern in two completely different ways. Be it two different views of the pattern (dress and top for instance), two completely different fabrics (woven and knit, perhaps), etc. The sky is the limit! If you need any inspiration for this one, there’s plenty of it floating around the blog:
One Pattern, Two Ways!
How does this all work?
Each contest runs over the course of one week during October. During that week, anyone who wants to enter can by writing a post about their entry on The Monthly Stitch and selecting the contest category for that week.
Your post must follow the General and Contest Specific Rules set out below.
There are multiple prizes per contest (see below for this week’s prize pool!) so there are lots of chances to take away some fabulous indie sewing goodies. These include patterns (of course), vouchers (for more patterns), fabric (to sew your patterns) and more!
- Any indie pattern brand is eligible – Need an idea of what counts? Check out our own amazing resource page of Indie Pattern Designers. Do you want to use a pattern brand that isn’t listed but you think counts? Use the contact form at the bottom of that page and we’ll check it out.
- Patterns may be PDF or envelope patterns and must be available for purchase and/or download by the general public. Free and out-of-print patterns by an indie designer are eligible.
- Indie designer patterns available through the large “Big 4” brands are not eligible, for example, Simplicity.
- Magazine or book patterns are not permitted unless the specific pattern is also available for purchase as a separate pattern in its entirety (i.e. pattern + instructions).
- Unreleased patterns sewn for pattern testing are not eligible.
- You can enter each challenge as many times as you like as long as each entry follows these rules.
- Items must be sewn specifically for Indie Pattern Month 2018. No earlier makes may be submitted. Items must not have been blogged about, either on TMS or on another blog, prior to the week the contest they are being entered into is running.
- Each make can be entered into only one category.
- Exception: A previously entered item from week 1 or week 3 IPM 2018 may be re-entered into the week 4 contest. A second garment must be made to complete the entry. This additional item must be made specifically for IPM 2018 (no earlier makes to be submitted).
- Each entry post must go up on the TMS blog during the week for that category and must be correctly categorized and follow ALL the posting rules. You might find it useful to read Kat’s post about Creating a Great Monthly Stitch Post and How to insert images using URL codes (just a reminder – we ask that you only upload one image for your post as the “feature image“ and all other images in your post should be inserted using the image URL code from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket, Pinterest, Flickr, Picasa, etc.)
- Posts that do not meet these rules will not be eligible. Your post will be placed in the ‘drafts’ folder and you will receive an email. You may edit and repost within the competition time frames to re-enter the competition.
- The judges (your TMS Editors) will choose finalists for each contest. The finalists will be chosen based on the following:
- Garment quality
- Blog post quality
- The finalists for each category will be posted on The Monthly Stitch four days after each contest closes.
- Winners will be chosen from the finalists through community vote. Voting will begin for each category when the finalists are announced. Each person can vote for up to four entries with their vote. Voting is open for three days.
- Submit any questions regarding the rules in the comments of this post or to themonthlystitch[at]gmail.com
One Pattern, Two Ways Contest Specific Rules:
- Competition runs from October 22nd (00:00 UTC) until October 31st (24:00 UTC)
- Only open to The Monthly Stitch contributors who meet the following:
- Have posted on TMS before October 1st 2018
- Have posted something that wasn’t for any previous Indie Pattern Month
- Make two garments using the same pattern. You may make the same view twice or two different views/options of the same pattern.
- Both makes must be new and sewn specifically for Indie Pattern Month 2018. A previously entered item from week 1 or week 3 may be re-entered into the week 4 contest. A second garment must be made to complete the entry.
Prize 1 – £25 fabric bundle from Minerva Crafts + 3 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from How To Do Fashion
Prize 2 – Chi-Town Chinos Full Pattern Collection from Alina Sewing + Design Co. + $25 USD gift certificate from True Bias
Prize 3 – Free account from MyBodyModel + 1 x pdf pattern of winner’s choice from Paprika Patterns + 1 x pdf pattern of choice from Helen’s Closet
Prize 4 – 2 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Blue Dot Patterns + 3 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Teach Me Fashion
Prize 5 – $25 USD gift card from Indiesew + 2 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Jennifer Lauren Handmade
Prize 6 – 2 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Muse Patterns + 2 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Scroop Patterns
Prize 7 – $20 USD store voucher to Designer Stitch + 2 x pdf patterns of winner’s choice from Sew Chic
Good luck and let us know if you have any questions! We can’t wait to see your makes!
One Pattern, Two Ways Sponsors:
- Alina Sewing | Design Co. — 10% off all October, code: IndiePatternMonth2018 (bundles excluded)
- Blue Dot Patterns — 10% off all October, code: INDIESTITCH
- Designer Stitch — 30% off all October, code: monthlystitch30
- Helen’s Closet — 15% off all October, code: IPM18
- How to do Fashion — 25% off print and PDF all October, code: IPM2018
- Jennifer Lauren Handmade — 15% off 10/16 thru 10/31, code: MONTHLYSTITCH
- Muse Patterns — 20% off all October, code: IPM2018
- Paprika Patterns — 15% off all October, code: IPM2018
- Scroop Patterns — 20% off all October, code: IPM2018
- Sew Chic Patterns — 20% off until November 4, code: MSTITCH2018
Pingback: IPM Week 4 One Pattern, Two Ways: Let The Voting Begin! | The Monthly Stitch
Pingback: Sponsor Spotlight | Introducing Diane from Blue Dot Patterns | The Monthly Stitch