When I sewed this up there was snow on the ground, so it definitely counts as seasonally inappropriate sew. No amount of layering would make a sleeveless linen jumpsuit work for me in these temperatures!
I’ve been meaning to sew up this pattern since it was released over a year ago as it looked like a great breezy summer piece. In the meantime I saw a few jumpsuits with a buttons down the front, which I loved. I decided to hack this pattern by creating a button placket instead of the zipper.
Adding the button placket was a little bit of a head scratcher for me – but google and reference to other patterns helped me out. I had not sewn a partial placket before nor had I hacked a pattern. Otherwise it is a truly simple sew, and I decided to take a little bit more time on it. It’s always good to stretch your skills!
I am really happy with how the insides look – these are my neatest unlined insides ever I think.
I french seamed the side seam and did a little fake french seam on the lower inside leg seam so even if I roll the leg up it will still look pretty.
I can’t check the fit yet as there is a comically large gap over my preggo belly but I am not concerned about it as they are very loose – straight down from the armsyce to the hip – no waist definition in the pattern at all, so I should fit into them no matter what (fingers crossed).
Now all I need is a nice warm summer.
There are some more details about this sew over on the blog