After toying with the idea of making something with grommets for Sew Hot Right Now, I decided to go with the still right now shirtdress as something I’d actually get a lot of wear out of. I chose to make the Marigold Dress from Blank Slate Patterns in a cotton voile I purchased from IndianBeautifulDirect last year.
No fit alterations were needed, not even my usual FBA. I did make a few changes to minimize the print showing through when using layers of the very sheer fabric. I added a lining to the skirt portion, omitted the pockets, and used a piece of the lining material for the inside yoke piece on the bodice. I also made 3/4 length banded sleeves because I made a goof when cutting them out.
You can read a little more about the Marigold and follow me at mahlicadesigns.