Yay! I finally finished a challenge in time to post on here!
Ok, it was totally accidental, but a happy accident anyway.
I decided to make Gerties butterick B6094 out of a red tartan sheet, bought from an op-shop for $1. When trying to cut it out, I had a very mopey helper, who was making things difficult…….
I made a straight size 20 for the bodice, shortened by 1″ at the bottom edge of the waistband, and graded the skirt from a size 20 at the waist, to 1 inch beyond the size 22 cutting line, to accomodate my generous derriere.
I fully lined the dress, but left out the bodice facings that are included in the pattern, as I felt that it was overkill.
I’m finding this dress is the perfect winter work dress, as it is a kinda heavy weight fabric, fully lined, and sleeveless, so I can easily wear it with a cardigan or heavy coat (or both!) I wore it to work a few times before I got around to making and attaching the buttons, But it is finally done!
For more construction details, head over to my blog post about the dress
Update: Here’s a photo of it on!